Gynecomastia Surgery in Dubai
Gynaecomastia is a condition associated with swollen breast tissues in men. Commonly termed as ‘man boobs’, they can develop due to unbalanced hormones in your body. If you have a larger than normal chest because of fat deposits, you might have a different condition called “pseudo gynaecomastia.”
Although breasts don’t develop in men as in women, all boys are born with a tiny amount of breast tissue. Male bodies have more testosterone hormone, which guides their growth during puberty. But men also have some amount of oestrogen, the hormone that is linked with sexual growth in girls.
Sometimes, a higher percentage of oestrogen causes male breast tissue to swell. About 20% of adolescent boys and as many as two-thirds of men over 50 years will have this condition.
Short Recovery Time
High Satisfaction Rate
What are the causes of Gynaecomastia?
Many factors can trigger the hormone imbalance that causes male breast growth. In addition to body changes due to ageing or puberty, some other causes of gynaecomastia may include:
- Diseases that affect testosterone production
- Thyroid problems, since hormones from the thyroid gland control sexual growth and development
- Some cancers, including tumours of the pituitary gland, lungs, or adrenal glands
- Obesity, which can result in more oestrogen
- Illegal drugs, including anabolic marijuana, steroids, and heroin
- Kidney failure
- Liver disease
What is the treatment for Gynaecomastia in Dubai?
Your gynaecomastia treatment may depend on your age, health, and how well you respond to medications. If gynaecomastia occurs during puberty, it usually goes away on its own. However, this will take anywhere from one to three years.If we figure your hormones are out of balance because of some other health problem, we will help you get that underlying condition treated first. You will be given medication to manage the hormone imbalance causing breast growth. In extreme cases, you may need Gynaecomastia Surgery in Dubai.
What are some common Gynaecomastia Surgery Procedures?
The following surgical techniques may be recommended for gynaecomastia.
- Removal of extra breast fat (Liposuction): Liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure in which the suction-extraction technique is used to remove fat from specific body areas, such as in this case, the chest. Liposuction helps shape and contours the chest when only excess fat is to be removed.
- Removal of breast gland tissue (Mastectomy): It is a surgery to remove breast glands from the chest and is recommended to treat hyperactive breast glands.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gynaecomastia
The steps that can be taken to lower your chances of having gynaecomastia are:
- Don’t use recreational drugs, such as androgens, anabolic steroids, amphetamines, marijuana, cocaine, or heroin.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, or do so in moderation.
- Go over your medicine list with your doctor. If any of the medications cause gynaecomastia, ask us for alternatives.
The results of gynaecomastia reduction surgery are meant to be permanent, but factors like chest muscle bulking, weight fluctuations, hormonal influences, and drug use will inevitably affect the tissues over time. This varies from case to case and is difficult to predict.
If done without any extra medical or cosmetic procedure, the surgery takes approximately two hours, based on the extent of the gynaecomastia.
A long-acting local anaesthetic agent is induced into the surgical area so you won’t feel anything during the surgery. A garment or specialised supportive dressings will be applied to help support your new chest shape. Our team will strive to create a pain-free experience for you at every stage.
Why choose us for a Gynaecomastia surgery in Dubai?
MPSI is led by two gynaecomastia surgeons in Dubai- Dr Adnan Tahir and Dr Rory McGoldrick. Our doctors treat the patients in a caring and safe environment. During the consultation, our experts explain all the details and treatment options and ensure you have all your queries answered before surgery. For more information, contact us today!