Otoplasty in Dubai
What is Otoplasty (prominent ear correction surgery)?
Otoplasty, also referred to as prominent ear correction or ear reshaping- is a cosmetic surgery that improves the appearance of ears by changing the position, shape, and size of ears. Though it can be performed at any age after the ears are fully developed, it is mainly performed on children ages 4 to 14. It is a simple and safe operation that gives permanent and natural-looking results. Perhaps that is why otoplasty surgeries have a 96% worth-it rating on RealSelf. MPSI is renowned for providing the result-oriented Otoplasty in Dubai.
Short Recovery Time
High Satisfaction Rate
What can be treated with Otoplasty?
What are the different types of prominent ear correction surgery in Dubai?
Different types of Otoplasty are discussed below:
Ear augmentation otoplasty is an enlargening ear surgery in Dubai to increase the size of the outer ears. It is performed on patients who have very small or under-developed ears.
Ear pinning otoplasty is done to pin back the ears if they stick out too far from the side of the ears.
Ear reduction otoplasty is performed to cure Marcotia, a condition in which ears are prominently big.
How is Otoplasty performed?
Otoplasty is a typically outpatient procedure performed with sedation and anaesthesia. Below are the steps involved during the procedure:
- After the patient is subjected to unconsciousness, the surgeon makes an incision at the surgical site, either on the back or inside the folds of the ear.
- Next, depending on the type of surgery, the ear tissue is manipulated- it can include the removing, folding, reshaping, or grafting of cartilage or skin.
- The last step involves closing the incision with stitches. The stitches are typically removed after one week.
- Have someone drive you home and take care of you
- Follow your surgeon’s instructions on how to handle the dressing
- Diligently take the prescribed medications
- Avoid aspirin, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs
- Before you resume your daily activities, take your doctor’s approval
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience bleeding, fever, or any kind of trauma to the site of surgery
Who is considered a good candidate for Otoplasty in Dubai?
You will be considered a candidate for Otoplasty in Dubai if:
- You feel self-conscious because of the appearance of your ears
- Your ears are fully developed
- You don’t have a medical history of ear infections
- You can avoid smoking and drinking post-surgery
- You are very sure that you want to undergo this surgery
How much does Otoplasty cost in Dubai?
The cost of Otoplasty in Dubai varies for every individual depending on the following factors:
- Type of the surgery
- Location of the clinic
- Experience of the surgeon
- Post-surgery follow-ups